We had another opportunity to chat with another vendor and small business owner Shel, who owns Shea Marj!
If you’d like to connect with her you can find her on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
P: Shae Marĵ
Read more about her below!!
1. Can you introduce yourself to us, and tell us a little about you?
Hello! I’m Shel, owner of Shae Marĵ. As long as I can remember I have enjoyed jewelry. I like the look of it, the sound of it and how complete it makes an outfit feel. I started making jewelry about 11 years ago as a hobby. One day a friend asked if I ever considered selling my pieces and that was the seed that started of Shae Marĵ, which has been official for 3 years now.
2. If you look back to where you began when you started your business journey, what do you wish someone would have told you? Was there a secret you learned along the way that you wish you knew earlier? Or are you glad you learned the lesson when you did?
Yes! I knew success didn’t come overnight, but I wish someone had prepared me for the time investment required in a small business.
The secret I learned along the way is, it’s okay to fail. It is difficult when you are passionate about what you do, to not have things work out the way you envision they would. But with each fail there is something to be learned. We must identify that “something” and absorb the lesson.
3. During your journey, have you had any failures, or wanted to give up? What made you keep trying?
Absolutely! First of all, I enjoy what I do. There are times, for personal reasons, I have stepped back from the business and each time I have missed it so much. That is one reason I keep trying. The other reason is I know my why(s). When you know your why, it motivates you to push forward.
4. Do you do this full time? If not what else do you do? Do you have any other hobbies that you pursue outside of your business?
I was doing this full, but I am now learning to balance it with other pursuits and home life. I like to dabble in sewing, drawing and a little painting. I also really enjoy nail art!
5. What is your favorite social media platform?
6. What is one thing that you need to succeed in this business?
Ha, ha…Jesus! All joking aside, he grounds me. If it wasn’t for my relationship with God, I probably would have quit a long time ago.
7. What is your biggest accomplishment in your business so far?
Honestly, staying in business. There are stresses that come with entrepreneurship. It is not always easy or pretty. However this journey ends, I made a commitment to myself to see it through.
8. If you could tell your future self something, what would it be?
Great question! I would remind myself of the small beginnings. The moments and times that taught us how to perceive. We will need it for the next level (wink).
9. What advice can you give to anyone that is thinking about joining the Galilee Life family?
Do it! You will not regret it. The personal touch and community is unlike anywhere else.
10. What made you become a vendor on Galilee Life? What stuck out to you? How long have you been a vendor?
Funny you should ask. A comment was made recently on a post, that stated I have been around since the beginning. I guess I never realized that. I had been on another ecommerce site, with no success or growth. I had seen GL popping up in my feed repeatedly. I looked them up, emailed Neivis a few times, and prayed about it. It was the right move. From the very start it was the level of professionalism and genuine desire to see me succeed that stuck out.
11. Lighting Round! Don’t think just answer:
* Beach or Snow? Beach
* Books: paper or audio? Combination of both
* Netflix or Cable? Netflix
* Tea or coffee? Both
* YouTube or Podcast? Both
* Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
* Sweet or Salty? Sweet
* Favorite meal? Honestly, I really enjoy a good salad. Usually loaded with all the fixings, except croutons.
* Favorite Book? None at this time.
*Favorite song? Presently, it is All I Want Is You – Live Free, Pastor Mike Jr
* Favorite quote? Storms make trees take deeper roots.
* Favorite Bible Verse? Romans 8:28
Hope you enjoyed learning more about Shel! Go check out her shop here: https://galilee-life.com/vendor/shaemarj/